Academic School Zlin seeking English teachers
Our private school is seeking two Native English Speakers for teaching positions.
The school is looking for experienced ESL teachers to organize courses for non-native speakers in the roles of:
Grade 6/Middle School teacher
- Native English Speaker
- Experience as an ESL teacher or similar
- Experience in the math and sciences field a plus
- Knowledge of various methods of teaching English to non-native speakers
- University degree in education, English language, or similar field
- Two year commitment with an August start
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- 40 hour teaching week with 22 contact hours
- Small school with small class sizes
- Access to modern technology in the classroom (Promethean Boards, tablets, etc.)
- Housing stipend (for predetermined apartment located in downtown)
- Assistance in obtaining visa and work permit (paid by the teacher)
- Employee state health insurance
- Flight to the Czech Republic
- Discounted lunches at the school
- Travel opportunities: one hour from Brno, two hours from Vienna, two hours from Bratislava, three and a half hours from Prague
Interested candidates should send a short letter of intent and full CV to Kateřina Blaha at email@example.com
The Czech and English teachers in our school are peers who strive to treat students as individuals and to help each one to achieve their full potential. They meet together every week to plan following week’s lessons – discuss the topics and fulfilling the pacing calendars. The English teachers not only teach English language but also cooperate with their Czech colleagues in CLIL method (Content and Language Integrate Learning) when teaching Maths, Art, Music, PE and Science.
During lessons with English teachers the instructions are given only in English so the pupils can hear the right pronunciation and learn new vocabulary in a natural way. They can also practice the vocabulary at home and in day-to-day life.
In our school there is a friendly atmosphere and we encourage a positive thinking of our students. We emphasize the ethical standards in everything we do.
We use the latest interactive whiteboards in all classes and all pupils have access to tablets which are used as learning aids. We use well-known resources and programs like other international schools around the world.
Our school offers an inclusive environment and our classrooms are interactive, creative and stimulating. We care for pupils with SEN (Special Educational Needs), too.